Saroj Khan, Bollywood’s Ace Choreographer, passes away at 71
Saroj Khan, one of the most prominent Indian dance choreographers in Hindi cinema passed away in Mumbai today. She died of cardiac arrest at Guru Nanak Hospital, where she was hospitalised from couple of weeks due to breathing problems. With a career spanning over four decades, the legendary choreographer is credited with giving Hindi Cinema more than 2000 songs. The three-time National Award winning choreographer had created magic on the silver screen with her dance moves and style which was a blend of both folk and modern dance. She has choreographed for some of the most memorable tracks in Indian Cinema. Her biggest hits were iconic dance numbers featuring dance divas like Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi and Aishwarya Rai. Her choreography had set standards for the modern day choreographers. She will be missed by not only the industry but also us.
Here’s a playlist of the best choreographed songs of Saroj Khan.
1. Ek Do Teen – Tezaab (1988)
2. Mere Hathon Me Nau Nau Chudiyan – Chandni (1989)
3. Hawa Hawai – Mr. India (1987)
4. Radha Kaise Na Jale – Lagaan (2001)
5. Kaate Nahi Kat Te – Mr. India (1987)
6. Hum Ko Aaj Kal Hai – Sailaab (1990)
7. Dola Re – Devdas (2002)
8. Choli Ke Peeche – Khalnayak (1994)
9. Dhak Dhak – Beta (1992)
10. Yeh Kaali Kaali Aankhen – Baazigar (1993)
11. Nimbooda – Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1994)
12. Chane Ke Khet Mein – Anjaam (1994)
13. Mera Piya Ghar Aaya – Yaraana (1995)